The CAREC program held a Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) to discuss the following:
- proposals to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the CAREC institutional arrangements;
- progress reports on the implementation of strategies and action plans for the transport, trade facilitation, energy, and trade policy sectors;
- approval of the CAREC Results Framework indicators, definitions, and data collection mechanisms;
- Pakistan’s request for membership;
- preparations for the Business Development Forum (BDF) in Urumqi;
- a performance assessment and new work plan of the CAREC Institute; and
- preparations for the 9th Ministerial Conference.
Mr. Said Mubin Shah, Acting Deputy Minister of Customs and Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan, chaired the SOM. Mr. Juan Miranda, Director General, Central and West Asia Department, and Mr. Klaus Gerhaeusser, Director General, East Asia Department, Asian Development Bank (ADB), served as co-chairs.
Mr. Xiaoyu Zhao, Vice President, Operations Group 1, ADB, gave opening remarks. He thanked all CAREC countries for the trust and support to ADB as Secretariat of the CAREC Program. He stated that ADB is committed and will continue to serve CAREC countries. He highlighted the importance of the SOM as an opportunity to sharpen the focus on strategies and action plans in the four priority sectors.
Read the Summary of Proceedings and view the interactive agenda for presentations.
- Joint Regional Transport and Trade Facilitation Progress Report and Work Plan (November 2009-March 2010)
- Trade Policy Progress Report and Work Plan (November 2009-March 2010)
- Energy Sector Progress Report and Work Plan (2010-2011)
- CAREC Program: Results Framework Progress Update (October 2009-April 2010)
- CAREC Institute Progress Report and Work Plan for 2010-2011
- CAREC Transport and Trade Facilitation: Corridor Performance Measurement and Monitoring (2009 Third Quarterly Report: July-September 2009)
- 01 10-Year Commemorative Event A Preliminary Concept
- 02 Joint Transport and Trade Facilitation Progress Report
- 03 Energy Sector Progress Report
- 04 Trade Policy Coordinating Committee Progress Report and Action Plan
- 05 Results Framework Progress Report
- 06 Business Development Forum
- 07 Recent Global Developments and Post-Crisis Challenges in CAREC Countries
- 08 CAREC Institute Progress Report Work Plan and Proposed Performance Assessment
- 09 Successful Cooperation in Central Asia Experience from Infectious Diseases Control
- 10 Preparation for the CAREC 9th Ministerial Conference