A Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) on Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) was convened in Urumqi, Xinjiang UAR, PRC, on 28-29 August 2006.
The SOM (i) discussed the strategic framework and pathways to implementation of the draft Comprehensive Action Plan (CAP), (ii) discussed a two-tier approach to “broadening and deepening” the CAREC Program, (ii) discussed approaches to a program of capacity building and research network development, (iii) reviewed preparations for the first CAREC Business Development Forum, (iv) and was briefed on plans for the Fifth Ministerial Conference on CAREC.
The SOM was held with representation from eight CAREC participating countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, PRC, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. Representatives from the six multilateral institutions comprising the CAREC Multilateral Institutions Working Group—Asian Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, International Monetary Fund, Islamic Development Bank, United Nations Development Programme, and World Bank—contributed to the proceedings.
- Avian Influenza and Infectious Diseases The Challenge of Central Asia
- Beyond Avian Flu Regional Collaboration on Infectious Disease Prevention and Control in CAREC
- CAREC In-country Workshops Highlights
- CAREC Outreach Program
- Central Asia's Economy Economic Revival, Industrialization, and Prospects to 2015
- Disaster Management Preparedness
- Imperative of Environmental Sustainability
- Operationalizing the CAP
- Preparation for 5th MC
- Proposed Strategic Framework
- Research Networks and Capacity Building
- Xian Investment Forum