The Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) on Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation held on 26-27 March reviewed sector updates and strategies, proposals to establish a CAREC Institute, “second tier” activities, capacity building initiatives, possible new participants, and the way forward.
Johannes Linn of Brookings Institution gave a special presentation on Central Asian regional integration. Xianbin Yao, Deputy Director General, ADB Central and West Asia Department, delivered the opening remarks.
- 01 Central Asian Regional Integration Interests of Partner States and Prospects for Cooperation
- 02 Energy Sector Coordination Committee Progress Report
- 03 Regional Trade Facilitation and Customs Cooperation Program Status Report
- 04 Central and South Asia Transport and Trade Forum (CSATTF) and Afghanistan
- 05 Approaches to Strengthening Strategic Direction of the CAREC Program
- 06 Knowledge and Capacity Building Pillar
- 07 CAREC Institute Getting Started
- 08 Ongoing Activities and Options
- 09 Special Presentation on Turkmenistan
- 10 New Participants, New Partners