A Senior Officials Meeting (SOM) of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program was convened in Manila, Philippines, on 8-9 September 2007.
The SOM was characterized by open and detailed discussion focused on (i) draft sector strategies for transport and trade facilitation, (ii) sector updates for energy and trade policy, (iii) a draft prospectus for the CAREC Institute, and (iv) preparations for the Sixth Ministerial Conference on CAREC planned for November 2007 in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The SOM was chaired by Negmatjon Buriev, senior advisor to the President on economic policy, Tajikistan, and co-chaired by Xianbin Yao, deputy director general, Central and West Asia Department, Asian Development Bank (ADB). (Read the Summary of Proceedings.)
- 01 Central Asian Regional Integration Interests of Partner States and Prospects for Cooperation
- 02 Energy Sector Coordination Committee Progress Report
- 03 Regional Trade Facilitation and Customs Cooperation Program Status Report
- 04 Central and South Asia Transport and Trade Forum (CSATTF) and Afghanistan
- 05 Approaches to Strengthening Strategic Direction of the CAREC Program
- 06 Knowledge and Capacity Building Pillar
- 07 CAREC Institute: Getting Started
- 08 Ongoing Activities and Options
- 09 Special Presentation on Turkmenistan
- 10 New Participants, New Partners