More than 80 participants representing 10 CAREC member countries and multilateral development partners (i) reviewed progress and agreed on future actions under the CAREC Transport and Trade Facilitation Strategy (TTFS) 2020 and (ii) discussed ways to rejuvenate railways, improve road safety, boost connectivity between countries, and sustain road assets.
The TTFS 2020 was refined in 2013 to integrate lessons learned from implementation, analysis, and changes in the CAREC Program.
It is aligned with the CAREC 2020 Strategic Framework and identifies three operational priority areas: (i) multimodal corridor network development, (ii) trade and border crossing service improvements, and (iii) operational and institutional strengthening.
(To learn more about CAREC transport initiatives, click here.)
- Revisiting Priorities Under TTFS 2020
- CAREC Working Group on Railways
- Toward a Railways Renaissance in CAREC Countries
- Future CAREC Railway Network
- Railway Development in Central Asia: Review of the Soviet Period Up to the Present
- International Union of Railways (UIC) in 2015
- Regional Integration of Mongolia
- Northern Afghanistan Railway Study
- Lessons Learned from Other Railway Connectivity Projects
- Pakistan Railways
- Toward Safer Transport in CAREC Region
- CAREC: Road Safety
- Sustaining CAREC Corridor Assets: Importance of High-level Support for Road Asset Management
- Building Blocks of Successful Road Asset Management
- Cross-Border Transport Facilitation Workshop in the CAREC
- Monitoring of CAREC corridors –Lessons for Cross-border Transport Improvement